Before I became strong, I knew what it was like To be weak, How difficult it is to love yourself, To find the wholeness that you seek. Before I knew the light, I have had my fair share of darkness, too, Where my world fell into a hopelessness And I didn't know how to get through. For I have known the tears it takes, The courage to stand up again, When you are broken down and bruised And you know nothing but the pain. You forget to appreciate love, If you haven't seen the hate, Till you forget the meaning of smile and laughter, And your heart is left abate. I have known the strength and courage It requires to get it right, To face the things that hold you down And hold your head up and fight. Before I was who I am now, I was someone I didn't want to be. I was lost, battered, and defeated, Before I knew how to be me!
Popular posts from this blog
Sometimes I feel like everything in the world could be going wrong all at once. I feel so overwhelmed and frustrated. I think that nothing will ever go right and that I should just give up, but I believe that if I stay strong in all that I do, I can overcome anything. Anything is possible if you believe. A few days ago I was struggling with a lot of things in my life. My school work was piled up with essays and projects and I had multiple exams to take. I needed to pack for the weekend because I was leaving to go visit my family. On top of all that, I had four of my good friends, back at home in California, pass away. It was really hard for me to understand why all this was occurring to me all at once. I felt like I had done something wrong and because of that my whole life was going insane. I wanted to give up on everything right then and there. For a while, I didn’t care much for schoolwork or for my exams. Even knowing that if I failed ...
